Friday, March 13, 2009

Crunch Time

As I write this, USC is beating MSU about midway through the first. Our opponent is officially set, UF (no surprises there). I'm fixing to leave the loveliest village for a week or so, probably as soon as I post this. Hopefully the team isn't checked out like I am. Because all the last month doesn't count for much if we can't win at least a couple, probably three, this weekend. At this point, every minute we play is crucial in getting us to the tournament. And we HAVE to make the tournament. After all this excitement, I don't think I can handle having to settle for the NIT; the junior prom of postseason basketball tournaments. I mean really, who wants to go to the jr prom? About as many people as shoot for the NIT, that's who.

The good news: win or lose, whenever this distraction we call "basketball" is over, we have less than two weeks until spring practice starts! So be looking for some good stuff coming from us.

I really don't have much intelligent to say, but I promised an article by the end of the week, so here it is. (I may be a procrastinator, but at least I'm not as bad as my counterpart.) So I'll just leave you with the most intelligent thing I know to say...

WAR EAGLE! BEAT FLORIDA!!! (then Tennessee again, then LSU again)

No comments:

Post a Comment