Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trademark-Infringing Tune Tuesdays VOL IX: Have You Ever Seen the Rain/ Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangsta

Because this is the off season and there's nothing better to do, because there are approximately 2,357,861 days until football season (that's just a guesstimate, give or take a few), and because it's Tuesday and you need a pick-me-up, I'm presenting "Trademark-Infringing Tune Tuesdays". Trademark-Infringing Tune Tuesdays is an off-topic post that will feature a band playing a song by a different band each week. Some you may have heard and, hopefully, some will be completely new to you.

No, neither of these versions are covers. But it's almost August and I've reached the breaking point. I must have some Auburn football. Every day I drive by Jordan-Hare and start shaking. Seriously, I think I'm getting the football DT's. I'm sitting here watching College Football Live have Pac-10 (12? 16? I'm so confused!) quarterback day and it just doesn't scratch the itch. **Side-rant-- the "What If" series that Reece Davis keeps nutting over every day? Pathetic. I know you guys are having a hard time filling 30 minutes in the dead of summer, but I can't stand this crap. And how are you coming to these conclusions? If Miami doesn't get called for pass interference against Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl Nick Saban stays at LSU until 2007? What??-- End Side-rant**

And so, because of this need to ease my withdrawals, today's double-shot is not trademark infringing in the way of being covers, but instead that I kind of found them both on The War Eagle Reader. Sorry guys. If it makes you feel any better, I'll include the link to the original articles.

First off, here's Rain Game redux featuring, who else: Creedence Clearwater Revival and "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"




Next, here's a tribute to the real O.G.s, CGC and Auburn, performed by the Geto Boys. WARNING: the audio in "Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangsta" is very much NSFW. ADDITIONAL WARNING: if you couldn't guess that a song of that title performed by any group calling themselves the Geto Boys is NSFW, you may be lacking in common sense.


Is it football season yet?

Tune in next week when Trademark-Infringing Tune Tuesdays will feature........ another band playing a song by a different band!

No comments:

Post a Comment