Friday, November 27, 2009

It's Business Time

Football season is the most fun time of the year. There's nothing I look forward to more than going to Jordan-Hare Stadium after a long day of tailgating. Win or lose, me, my friends, my date, and 87,000 others all get loud and spend our Saturday the most fun way we know how; cheering on the Tigers with everything we've got. And I love it.

But not tomorrow. Not the Alabama game. It's like work, but worse. Even during the peak of the streak, years when Auburn was favored by a healthy enough margin to feel confident, the nerves were still there. For one day in November every year, my nails get chewed down to the quick, every halftime I pace a trench into the concourse behind the concession stand. Every year, my Dad threatens to go see a movie, and I threaten to go with him.

But when we win, the celebration is all worth it. So we're in the stands or in front of the TV every year, just like you. Because we know what the stakes are this week. Not title hopes, not awards, but pride.

So let's get down to business.

Let's do what we do.

BEAT BAMA!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!

'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment