Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ch-Ch-Changes

So it's been a couple of weeks since I've made a post. That annoying school thing has gotten in the way again. Apologies all around. A lot has changed since my last post. Well, not including the egg-on-my-face post. Things are about the same since the egg-on-my-face post.

I've learned my lesson about predictions though, and that lesson is "don't make predictions". I still think that, based on the facts that I saw, I made a good prediction. It was based on the idea that our offense was a force to be reckoned with. Even in the second half of the Arkansas game, the offense showed that it could be very explosive. Unfortunately, college football has a certain unique way of surprising you and defying expectations. That's probably why I love it so much.

Somewhere on the road from Knoxville to Fayetteville the Gus Bus blew a tire and by the time it limped into Auburn for the Kentucky game, the wheels fell off. What happened over the last few weeks? The most likely answer is also the most frustrating one. The personnel aren't yet in place to take this offense to a level where it can perform consistently against SEC caliber defenses. Chris Todd's arm is certainly not helping matters. And everyone knows that once the medium to deep passing threat is taken out of this offense, (or any offense really) the running game becomes mostly easy to defend. Seven or eight men in the box later, and we're left with virtually no offense.

The good news is, this is not 2008. And as I mentioned before, making predictions is no good. We know the offense is capable of being great. It may be that Gus is one adjustment away from getting the Bus back up and running. Ultimately, either way this season goes, we are making steps in the right direction. I hate to say it, but it is a process, aight?

The only thing we can do now is what everyone from Jay to SGA President Watkins said we should do: pull together and show support for this Auburn team. That means no boo birds. We need to step up and be the 12th man on Saturday, because let's face it, this team needs all the depth it can get.

War Damn Eagle! Let's beat the Rebels!

No comments:

Post a Comment